Monday, May 10, 2010

ORA-27072: File I/O error Additional information

I was taking rman backup for the newly created database and while doing so I got this ORA 27072 error..... need not worry..it has nothing to do with your database, its just a space issue with the OS..by the way I was taking backup on Linux RHEL4..

Solution:

use linux command df -k to see where at the OS level is space is been eaten up ..

as in my case my /opt was 99% full... i just cleaned the unneccesary files , freed up space..by using the command rm -rf (this command must never be used unless absolutely needed..double care should be taken while working on Prodcuction).. and then took the backup....this time backup worked absolutely fine....

BTW the rman block I used for simple backup...

run
{
allocate channel diskchan device type disk;
configure controlfile autobackup on;
configure channel device type disk format '/opt/%U';
backup database;
backup archivelog all;
release channel diskchan;
};

where diskchan is the diskname.....

No comments:

Post a Comment